Monday, September 01, 2008

best day(s)


Today officially marks my favorite set of months. No not because it's labor day, but because it is fall. I love September 1st through January 1st a lot. First of all I love it becasue of the air. I love the smell and texture of fall air. I wish I could take a picture of the air. [insert mental picture here] The air is crisp and smells like end of summer BBQ's, bonfires, leaves, pumpkins, and apples. Soon the leaves will be changing too. Then comes the parade of holidays. Halloween (i've already got my costume planned) then Thanksgiving with its glorious food and shopping, and of course Christmas Eve and Christmas and New years. Then the best months are over and I have to wait it out til July the only other good month. I can't decided how to celebrate first...going on a walk? Making apple crisp? Maybe for now I will just sit on my porch and enjoy the air.

6 comments:

Elise said...

mmm apple crisp. sometimes i think about how good you made it...that and your sour cherry tarts or whatever they are called.

Samantha Kennicott said...

Yay! I love fall, too. And my birthday is coming up in 3 weeks. What could be better? :)

Mindy said...

I love the fall too! It always meant cross country season!! :)Plus all the other reasons you named too! :)

Emily said...

Love your fall thoughts. It really is the best season!

Unknown said...

I love it! I love fall too ...winter not so much. And I love your quirks and your new scrapbook pages, and you!

this is audrey said...

Yeah, fall is kinda fun, but I am just a SUMMER girl all the way around! I love May-October! The long days, the hot days, the dog days, it's all good!

Similar Stories

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Background