Sunday, June 21, 2009

Seattle Day #5

Seattle Day 5 and or Vashon Island daytrip...

Today Toni and I went to visit Mandi at her place on Vashon Island. We had to take the Ferry across (I have a thing for ferry boats). Mandi is an old roommate from clear back in the Cobble creek days circa 2003-2004.

She lives in a CHARMING cabin that is surrounded by nature (well everything on the island is surrounded). Beautiful plants, trees, and my favorite was a vintage bathtub sitting in the yard that has transformed into a gardening area for strawberries and raspberries. There are a whole bunch of stained glass windows too. Mandi being the gracious host made us a fantastical lunch on the grill. We had NY serlion steaks, and grilled veggies. Sided with lemon rice, and for dessert we had pistachio pie. Everything was delicious and the steaks were PERFECT. Toni and I provided the drinks...of course. Layered strawberry daquri and Pina coladas. Mandi also provided us with the entertainment by giving us a sweet concert. After we finished grilling and eating we headed out to the beach. Of course by then it had started raining a little bit...then it turned into a lot. But we were feeling adventurous and checked stuff out anyway. The Washington beaches are pretty because they are nature-fied...lots of drift wood and shells. Not somewhere to kick it for the day, but interesting to look at. Lots of little crabs out and about and at the 2nd beach we looked at (Lighthouse Beach) there were small Jellyfish everywhere, and Mandi's dog Nick just loved to bother them. By then it was pouring so we headed back to Mandi's.

It was a great peaceful way to spend the day. That night Toni and I got a late dinner at the Rock Pizzeria. Utah seriously needs one of these. The inside has walls surrounding booths of breaking down brick and a small abandoned church full of candles, old rusty metal crosses, and booths to eat in. I was in atmosphere heaven!! (side note: I am totally a resturant atmosphere person...well anything atmosphere person. that is one reason I love Disneyland so much, because it is all so detailed). We had garlic and cheese breadsticks, and the "founders favorite" pizza...large pepperoni, sausage, and ricotta cheese...mmm... Ah-Maze-Za-Zing.

Then it was off to the Seattle Center to take some night pictures of the Space Needle. Also saw the Grey's Anatomy hospital building...which in reality is a TV News station building. Random.

P.S. Hmmm so many good things for the recipe of the day.... How about this?

No comments:

Similar Stories

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Background