I have gotten some questions about the Legends of Zelda cake... 


The figurines were a set i found on etsy and had custom made at a very good price. Regularly they are little charms on necklaces. They are "kissing" charms because they have little magnets in their faces. These ones are bigger, and do not have the necklace attached but since it is a wedding cake they still can kiss. 

Check out the wonderful Nelia's shop and see what wonderful little creations she could make for you.
The cake was Bonnie's Butter cake from the Betty Crocker Cookbook that I have blogged about my version of before here. I frosted with a basic layer of buttercream and raspberry jam in the middle first, then I whipped up some green "Mountain frosting" for the marshmallow-grass effect (also a betty crocker favorite). My dear friend Kasi made the fun royal icing daisies which were the perfect look for the cute characters. The "Tri-force" is actually made of Styrofoam and frosted in white and yellow buttercream.

1 comment:
I'm so impressed that you made that cake! It was really cute.
Post a Comment