Sunday, August 23, 2009

the creative mind and then some.

Recent haps...

I decided I needed to dedicate more of my time for reading. I used to LOVE to read, my favorites being easy read teen novels, harry potter, john grisham books, mysteries...but except for a few book here or there, I haven't really gotten back into since I graduated. So I am going to read a lot more...I have hundreds of books, some which I have never read. I am just going to start on one shelf and go for it until I have read them all. We shall see how long it takes and how many pages it totals too. I am keeping a list.

This weekend I moved my sister Brynn up to USU (GO AGGIES!!). It was so good to be up there again, and part of me was sad that I was missing the excitment of starting a new semester, meeting new roommates and neighbors, and going to fun activities. Then I realized I am doing all of that now in SL minus the school part (which is the worst part). I did however buy football tickets for the USU vs. U of U game which I am pretty excited about. It should be interesting to see how our new coach (the U's old defensive coach) does. Plus I am excited to hang out with the "townsfolk"...that is the faithful old people who donate oodles of dollars to the athletic dept. I am slowly becoming one of these people, which I am totally okay with (I feel kind of like Seth from the OC who always says he is a 70 year old on the inside...while I am not that pathetic, I do rather enjoy spending time with these people). Tailgate here I come!


Sometimes I wonder if I have sleeping sickness. If it wasn't for my bladder or stomach forcing me out of bed I don't think I would ever leave it. I heart bed. bed is my favorite.


So I can't tell if I have boy drama or lack there of...Although I suppose that lack thereof does indeed make for some sort of drama. stupid men and their boy _____ (If you can fill in that blank and tell me the correct reference you win a prize.


Speaking of television shows I bought season 12 of the simpsons today, still watch entirely to much CSI:NY and L&O:SVU, and am estatic that Project Runway is not only back on, but is on a channel I have access to, AND online. Yes! And for once the kicked of the weirdo-est designer from the get go. AND there is an All Star Challenge edition starting next week which equals twice the fun and more Christian! In honor of the show and to jetline my creativity one of my fav bloggers and creative minds has started a group called Project: Project...essentially she picks a challenge that was inspired by the episode and we have til the next week to design a project/layout to display. I am excited because it will be a challenge...this week is glitter in unexpected places...hmm what to do.


Speaking of creating there is a Fall/Halloween Faire done by the Ren faire people this year, so surprise we are having a booth, and my brain is exploding with ideas...now just to find the time to complete these projects!!?!?!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The correct word is penises and I hate them. I think they should all rot and fall off. But that's just me. I SO know the feeling you're going through post-graduation ...and I heart Seth and the OC and I also heart my bed more than anything --work is the ONLY thing that get's me up ...and lately it hasn't been getting me up intime to get to work on time. I'm working on trying to care :) Oh, and I of course heart you and miss you lots!

Similar Stories

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Background