Friday, April 03, 2009

Doing my part to stimulate the economy...

...aka confessions of a shopaholic and DI Days.

So I have a little problem. It's called too much time, and payday. I know that shouldn't be a problem, but it is...see I went on a little shopping spree the past 2 days.

Yesterday's spree was because the new Gardner Village coupons came out for April. So I grabbed my sister Sarah and we headed out for fun. And fun I did have. Did I need ANOTHER cake stand? No, not really, but this one was so nice and on sale. After buying all sorts of randomness (and eating chicken pot pie from the Neighborhood bakery, mmm) I had to swing by a store and buy a wedding gift for my dear friends Josh and Jamie. In the process I found that Bye Bye Birdie is on DVD (I love that one!) and oh, wait! So is the final performance of RENT on Broadway featuring the original cast!!!!! Yes I know I already own RENT the movie, but hello! this is a must have for me. Oops did I stop by the scrapbook store too? My bad.

Today on the other hand was a DI day. DI days are days that are cloudy and raining. Days that leave me in the mood to go antique and second hand shopping...DI days. So today was a major DI day (april showers man). I had some great finds...scrap storage, brand spankin' new YODA slippers, the movie "the Dark Crystal," and a dozen books (I have this strange need to buy books lately).

Excellent. There you go America, happy to help out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Jill. I love you! I was totally with you in the first one ...but you lost me on the Yoda slippers and the dark crystal ...it's so you :) I love it!

Maybury said...

I wish I could 've gone random shopping with you. I never find anything good at the DI. It is all junk! You are the bestest.

Similar Stories

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Background