Friday, April 24, 2009

Toilet Plungers, cannibalism, and the MEO.

So this has been a bursy few days. I attended Critical Care Conference at the hospital, have worked, smelled some tulips, and watch a LOT of Law and Order SVU.

So what does this have to do with the title?? Here.

Cannibalism. My family has started a group effort at Weight Watchers. Points here points there, point counting everywhere. I don't mind it.... well mostly don't mind it. I eat most of the time at the hospital to be right honest so it is complicated to do, but I think a bout it a lot.

The other night I was running errands and txted my dad: I am on my way home. My dad txted back: We r eating dinner. Then he txted" We r Cannibals.

WHAT?!~?! What on earth were we eating and how many points is that??

Really he had originally txted: We r eating donner.
Flash back to Utah Studies in 7th grade and watching the Donner Party Documentary before lunch every day for a week. :P

Toilet Plungers. Now back to critical care conference. The first presentation was on how not helpful ACLS training is. A nd looking at the stats, it is pretty much the truth. For Cardiac arrest/Sudden Collapse you just need hard and heavy (that's what she said) CPR. Actually it is cCr now in medical lingo. Cardio-Cerebral-Resucitation. Yiour lungs will be fine for 5-10 minutes in cardiac arrest. the point is compressions, until defibrillation.

Take home lesson: If you are a bystander and someone drops over suddenly. Check for a pulse call 911 and start the compressions already. Compress deep, release fully, and do approx. 100/minute...aka...to the beat of "Stayin Alive" and/or "Another Bites the Dust." Depends on if you are an optomistic person or a pessimist. :)


This is a video about the new "Hands only CPR".

Ok so what is the MEO? Medical Examiners Office. This was a pretty sweet lecture where we learned how to do an autopsy distinguish signs of suicide vs homocide, and looked at lots of awesome pictures...right before lunch actually. So the Donner party bothers me but dead people covered in blood don't...get over it.

So that is my past few days. When I get some pics uploaded I will write about my visit to the Secret Garden, allergies, and the beauty of the earth.

2 comments:

Maybury said...

What an upbeat video by the AHA compared to the past ones. I wonder if it has the same success rate as the other versions! You are a sicky! I love it!

Krystal said...

ah the joys of miscommunication when texting! That's funny... I like WW, though I'm not good at actually counting my points. And the whole momentum thing has me a bit confused... maybe I should actually read my books! Good luck with it.

Similar Stories

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Background