Sunday, June 05, 2011

Packing Meeting...

the final count down is really on right now... We leave for Cambodia this Thursday!!  Saturday we gathered all of our donations and had a giant packing meeting.  Hundreds of toothbrushes/toothpaste, bandaids, and gauze packs; 130 feminine hygiene kits; stethoscopes and scissors; bubbles, children's books and clothing; and even some gardening soil are now all packed and ready to go.

Here are the boxes of medical supplies in my living room...  in there we found some awesome and useful stuff and some seriously weirdo junk.  I think we became an "about to be expired" dumping ground for some hospitals.  I had ABG kits, internal hemorrhoid removal colonoscopy tools, a liver biopsy needle, a bunch of hemodialysis catheter insertion kits, some IJ lines, casting material, some mini bone saw surgical tools, etc, etc, etc.  Also we were got some funny, old, and used meds from "grandma's medicine cabinet."

Bonnie and Nicki saved the day by coming over last week to sort through all of that stuff so we could dump truly expired stuff, break down what we needed, and find places to donate the good medical equipment we couldn't take.  Kyler, Kellie, Marcia, Bonnie, Loretta, Emily, and Kyler's grandma were all a wonderful help to put the feminine hygiene kits together.

Now that we have the supplies packed, I guess I better think about packing my bags!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Think of all the fun stuff we could do with that random medical equipment... :)

Similar Stories

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Background